Jacob Puzey is a coach, professional runner, and content creator. He was the first registered runner from his home country to ever compete and finish the long Boston Marathon in April 2017.
He has set a world record in 2016 for running a total of 50 miles marathon in a record time of 4:57:45. He is a six-time national champion in Cross-country marathon and has 10 national trail championships under his credit.
|Height||5 feet 9 inches|
|Siblings||Tommy Rivers Puzey|
|Wife||Amy Golumbia Puzey|
View this post on Instagram
“Life’s pretty good, and why wouldn’t it be? I’m a pirate, after all.” Johnny Depp I’m not sure exactly when Tommy started thinking of himself as a pirate. As an adult, he’s seen himself as a mercenary of sorts – using his body to provide for his family. I think it’s how he reconciled the long weeks away from Steph & the girls. On one trip, he learned that pirates traditionally wore two pieces of jewelry so that when their bodies were found the person who found the body could keep one ring in exchange for sending the body back to his family along with the other piece of jewelry. Shortly thereafter, Tommy put two rings through his nose & started using the 🏴☠️. Tommy has always lived with a keen sense of his own mortality. The lines of Jim Morrison, “Break on through to the other side” and Neil Young’s “It’s better to burn out than to fade away” were mantras repeated since childhood. Steve Prefontaine’s “To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift” was holy writ. Our grandfather worked on the kill floor of a slaughterhouse until the day he died when he was not much older than Tommy, so waste in our home was intolerable. Waste of food. Waste of time. Waste of talent or opportunities. Tommy internalized those lessons & his life’s purpose has been to maximize the gifts & opportunities that he’s been given to benefit others. As I think on his life & celebrate his birth this weekend, I can’t think of another of my peers or contemporaries who has done more with what they’ve been given in such a short time. This isn’t a competition. It’s simply an observation. This is why we love him. This is why his mortality helps us reflect on our mortality. What are we doing with the gifts & opportunities that we’ve been given? One of our friends pointed out that while his feats of endurance are impressive, what he most admires about Tommy is his kindness. He created the graphic behind this cover photo by @trailjunkiephotos to remember that one thing we can control amidst all of the uncertainty in the world is how we treat one another. My goal (as odd as it sounds coming from his older brother) is to someday be kind like Rivs. Happy Birthday, Tommy!
10 Facts on Jacob Puzey
- Jacob Puzey, a runner and athlete born in Canada in 1983. Despite currently living in the US for the majority of his life, he belongs to the nationality of his home country.
- The marathon athlete is 37 years of age as of 2020. He is currently working as a marathon coach for Peak Run Performance.
- Jacob is currently married. His wife Amy Golumbia Puzey is also a Canadian like him.
- Jacob has a brother named Tommy Rivers Puzey, who is also a professional runner. However, currently, he is diagnosed with Pneumonia. He is kept in isolation after showing the COVID symptoms.
- Talking about his physique, he has a pretty lean body as expected from a runner. However, he is lanky tall standing at a height of 5 feet 9 inches.
- Unfortunately, such a well celebrated personality in sports does not have a Wikipedia bio. He is, however, featured on sites like ImpactMagazine.
- He is still endorsed as an official runner. So far, he has endorsed brands such as Altra Running, COROS Wearables, Swiftwick Socks, and Trail Butter.
- Jacob also creates content and spreads motivation through his Podcast The Art and Science of Running on Apple.
- To the time of this article, there’s has been not any official posts published relating to his net worth.
- We can find Jacob on Instagram @jacobpuzey. He is also active on Twitter @jacobpuzey.