David Attenborough is a widely known British broadcaster as well as a natural historian. He is immensely popular amongst the people of his country has also gained a lot of titles.
He recently came to popularity on the internet when he made an Instagram account which now has over 2 million followers already. Having a career in his field of work, he brings the attention of the public to causes affecting the natural world.
|Name||Sir David Attenborough|
|Birthday||May 8, 1926|
|Profession||Broadcaster, natural historian|
|Wife||Jane Elizabeth Ebsworth Oriel (late)|
|Children||Robert Attenbrough, Susan Attenbrough|
|Education||University of Cambridge|
View this post on Instagram
David Attenborough has spent a lifetime travelling, exploring the wild places of our planet and documenting the living world in all its variety and wonder. He’s also witnessed the damaged caused. Saving our planet is now a communications challenge. We know what to do, we just need the will. That’s why we want to share this message on Instagram. Because there is hope and together, we can inspire change. Social media isn’t David’s usual habitat so while he’s recorded messages solely for Instagram, like the one in this post, we’re helping to run this account. In case you’re wondering, ‘we’ are Jonnie and Colin and we worked with David on A Life On Our Planet. So, as well as sharing the messages he’s recorded especially for this account we’ll also post some exclusive clips and behind the scenes content. Stay tuned.
10 Facts on David Attenborough
- David Attenborough was born on the 8th of May 1926 in Isleworth, UK. He is currently 94 years old.
- He had previously joined the Navy and after leaving was involved in printing and editing works. His CV was first rejected by BBC but in 1952, he became a full-time employee there.
- He got married to Jane Elizabeth Ebsworth Oriel in 1950. Sadly, she passed away in 1997.
- He has been a part of nature documentaries such as Life in the Undergrowth, Flying Monsters 3D, Wild Karnataka, The Lost Gods of Easter Island, and many more.
- Having an active career in BBC, his net worth was estimated to be about $30 million in 2019. David Attenborough’s net worth must have only increased in 2020.
- As mentioned above, he recently made his Instagram account “davidattenborough”. He has used this platform to help spread the message about the consequences of climate change.
- Gaining almost 3 million followers in a span of 2 days, the broadcaster has broken the Guinness World Record of the fastest account to reach one million followers on Instagram.
- Although David Attenborough doesn’t really mention his family very much to the public, we know that he has a son named Robert Attenborough and a daughter named Susan Attenborough.
- His son Robert is a bioanthropology senior lecturer at the Australian National University, and at the School of Archeology and Anthropology. His daughter was previously a primary school principal.
- His father Frederick, was the principal of the University College, Leicester. David himself, attended Clare College, Cambridge, where he had a scholarship.