Jim Tilmon was a former forecaster and a weather reporter at NBC 5. Jim retired from NBC in 1994 after serving for several years. Recently, it was reported that the popular weatherman had passed away at the age of 86 years old.
It was reported by his family that he died at the hospital. Jim Tilmon loved NBC so much that even his juniors respect him and regard him as a very influential personality.
|Wife||Joan Cuyjet Tilmon|
Condolences poured in Saturday from many former colleagues of the Emmy Award-winning broadcaster, who worked for more than 22 years for WMAQ-TV and four more for WTTW-TV.https://t.co/iGGdxe0i4G
— Chicago Sun-Times (@Suntimes) January 16, 2021
10 Facts About Jim Tilmon
- Chicago weatherman Jim Tilmon’s age was 86 years old at the time of his death. He was born in 1934 but his actual birthdate is not known.
- Even though he was there for a very long time and was involved in several fields, Jim Tilmon’s Wikipedia bio has not been published yet.
- Regarding his married life, Jim Tilmon’s wife is Joan Cuyjet Tilmon. The couple had been married for 32 years.
- As per the report in Chicago Sun-Times, Jim Tilmon’s cause of death was kidney cancer. He was hospitalized in Arizona where he took his last breath.
- Alongside being a journalist, Jim was also a retired pilot and reported about aviation and science.
- Talking about his social media presence, he was pretty active on Twitter and had 619 followers. Besides that, he also had a Facebook account.
- Jim was a very kind and generous human’, as said by editor Carol Marin who retired from the NBC 5 in 2020.
- Regarding his academic qualifications, Jim Tilmon retired from DePaul University. He went to Highland Park High School and Elgin Academy before that.
- Jim also served in the United States Army Corps of Engineers for 8 years before joining the Airlines. He became only the third African American pilot in the Airlines.
- Tilmon started his journalism career at WTTW. He used to host the first live weekly magazine show during his time there.