Founding member of the Tigrayan People’s Liberation Front (TPLF), Sebhat Negao was also a General Director of the Ethiopian National Defense Force.
He was recently arrested by the Ethiopian military and was transferred to the capital, Addis Ababa.
Sebhat is also considered one of the most powerful men in Ethiopia, even more than the late Meles Zenawi. Further, he was the architect of ethnic politics, who manufactured ethnic violence in the country.
|Siblings||Kidusan Nega (Sister)|
|Net Worth||$2 billion|
— Caroline Ferenji Junta Frampton (@Up_yours_Haftar) January 9, 2021
10 Facts On Sebhat Nega
- Sebhat Nega was previously married to Alganesh Meles. Sadly, his wife died when they were hiding in a mountain.
- Likewise, Sebhat Nega is the father of the Tigray billionaire Tekeste Nega, who turned the grain storage Gotera into Advertising Billboards.
- Sebhat Nega was born in 1934 in Adwa, Africa. He is an Ethiopian citizen, whose age is 86 as of January 2021.
- Despite building a business empire, Sebhat Nega hasn’t got featured on Wikipedia. However, the organization TPLF is mentioned on Wikipedia.
- According to the Borkena, Sebhat Nega has an estimated net worth in billions. In 2011, he was listed as one of the richest members of the Tigray People’s Liberation Front in Ethiopia with $2 billion.
- Talking about his education, Sebhat completed his graduation with a degree in economics. He also worked for the Finance Minister.
- Likewise, Sebhat’s sister Kidusan Nega is also a member of the central committee of TPLF. Sadly, the information about his parents is not available.
- After finishing his studies, Sebhat worked as a teacher until he got underground in 1976 as a co-founder of TPLF.
- Later on, Sebhat became the head of the EPRDF department and served under the chief executive for almost a decade.
- Recently, in January 2021, Sebhat Nega surrendered himself during an operation. He was arrested alongside nine other TPLF officials.